Monday, July 16, 2012

Aunty Green Alive and well

 The photo above is part of the bottom row below the large center block. I continue to be surprised at the variety of fabrics as well as design. This lady was a girl after my own heart as I just love to use as many fabrics as possible in my own work. The above circles use a fabric that looks a little the original so pleases me.


 This corner block uses both vintage look fabrics as well as a contemporary look used to make those interesting flowers. I like it. I cut the flowers with a seam allowance and used the fabric to turn under rather than drawing a pencil line. Cool!
 I suspect that you already know that I have been using a lot of flowered fabric to construct a look of floral bouquets. What you may not have picked up on is that I have used the same template over and over. The lines in the fabric have a kind of fool the eye appearance. I do love this technique and plan to use it again!
 The original quilt uses a fair amount of a broiderie Perse' look in the applique. I confess I have had a lot of trouble finding this fabric. The red flowers above have been cut from a nice cotton print with little hint of the chintzes we would ordinarily used. I am pleased however with the substitute and will probably use it again.
Okay, I have the center medallion framed and now two sides and a corner. For a couple of weeks I will be setting it aside to work on my "Baltimore On the Prairie" project for 2013 in Omaha, Nebraska. Are you going? Have you been? Oh please, treat yourself. With Tresa Jones as coordinator,
teachers: Nancy Kerns, Jeanne Sullivan and Rita Verroca, award winners all, not to mention myself, I can promise you a wonderful adventure. There is always a fabulous trip to the International Quilt Study center in Lincoln. How can you possibly stay away. I would love to see friends and love to make new ones. I hope to see you and please come introduce yourself and tell me you found out about this here! I can hardly wait for this year in September and am so honored to be asked back for next year. Thank you so much for coming by. I know my personal life gets in the way of my posting on a regular basis and some of you may give up on me. Please believe I treasure your interest and right back at you. I do look at your blogs. You are so talented. I hope to see you soon, Nadine

5 comments:

Purple Pam said...

Your progress on your quilt is wonderful. Your applique is phenominal, as usual. Your choice of fabric is spot on. Cannot wait to see the finished product. Are you hand quilting it?

Hugs to you and family.

Kathy said...

Nadine, every time I see your work I am amazed and oh so proud of your talent. What you have shared is absolutely breathtaking. Kathy

PamKittyMorning said...

Of course I am in awe, as I always am, with your talent. It's lovely. Hope all is well with you and yours. Joyce and I shared some sweet memories of you and GTP at a 4th of July party! xoxo

vintagefindings said...

This is coming along so beautifully, Nadine.
Truly a treasure.

Donna~~ said...

It's looking lovely!