Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Amador Valley Quilters Guild Opportunity Quilt

This beautiful quilt has some of it's roots in a vintage log cabin quilt made of silk. It is the opportunity quilt for AVQ, a guild I have been a member of almost from the beginning. My first, though not my last guild membership. It is peopled by talented women and men. We have long had the unwritten policy that if no one volunteers for a particular project, then perhaps it was not something the group really wants. But this is a wonderful group of women and someone almost always comes forward. The retreats always happen and the opportunity quilt has always been ready to market right on time. This time is no exception. Kathy Jardine and Gretchen Crozier have collaborated to make this exquisite quilt. The quilting was done by Cindy Young, another artist. "Something To Crow About" makes me wish I still lived close enough to be a part of the process.


Don't you wish you could win this one? I know I do. Maybe. After all some one has to win. Could be me, could be you. Wishes do come true. I hope yours do.

3 comments:

vintagefindings@me.com said...

I need to get my hands on tickets! I love it :-)

Karen

Margaret said...

I love log cabins, but the applique really "makes" it!
Margaret

Unknown said...

I always wondered about redbuds being purple, also. I read that the buds were red, thus their name.