Monday, April 25, 2011

Fifty years and counting


Dale and I were married May 7 1961 and this is where we spent our honeymoon. I was nineteen and he was twenty-two. Yes we were young but it was a different time. I am the oldest of ten and he was an only child. A match made in heaven as I didn't want ten children and he wanted two. Our wedding cost $129.00, my friend from high school was my matron of honor, we had thirty three guests and I made my own gown. Our honeymoon was three days long because we couldn't afford more, and I had to get back to my job as a hair dresser and he had to get back to Moffett Field Naval Air station. So we hiked, visited the waterfalls, witnessed one of the last fire falls and rubbed elbows with a black bear. We stayed in a two room cabin and loved every moment of our time in the park. If you have never visited this park, what are you waiting for. Yosemite was and remains a favorite destination. We had planned to revisit the park this year to celebrate our fiftieth wedding anniversary. Dale is not well enough so perhaps next year.

5 comments:

Purple Pam said...

Happy 50th Anniversary. Yes, Yosemite is absolutely beautiful. I wish I had seen the fire fall.

Dawn said...

Congratualtions on your anniversary milestone! Celebrate a few times, once is not enough.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Happy 50th Anniversary to you both! Yosemite is a wonderful magical place. We camped and hiked there many times. You will have a whole year to plan a wonderful trip for your 51st anniversary!

Kathy said...

Nadine you were a beautiful bride, and still beautiful today. I hope you and Dale can celebrate your anniversary with a nice dinner and a quiet celebration. Sometimes those are the best. Love you. Kathy

lvkwilt said...

Congratulations! And may you have many more!