Monday, January 10, 2011

Sometimes it is a Really good day


Yes, it is indeed snowing here. I know I rarely speak of anything these days except the man in my life but to be honest that is almost all I think about. Sure, I am careful to leave no one out. I am now callimg my friends occasionally, my sister more often and check in with my children every day. I feed the cat, often feed the son, attend birthday parties for grandchildren and am more aware of those around me everyday.
I am not yet quilting, but have hope that part of my life will be reinstated sometime soon. The energetic fellows above, singing their hearts out are there because today was one of the good days. You all ask everytime you see me if dale is doing better. I have been reluctant to give details because I see tiny improvements and sometimes think I am seeing what I wish to see, not the truth.
However, today was an honestly good day. Last week his physical therapist ordered a splint for his left foot and leg. It came today and he had a final fitting and fine tuning. He wore it in therapy and he stood and walked all across the room using a hemi cane with the therapist holding only onto the gate belt. He also walked later between parallel bars from one end to the other! We are so proud of him. The therapist told me later that he asked her to let him do this by himself. Danny was there to see it and he is spreading the word. I know the path is a long one, but today spells hope.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Go Daddy!!!!

Kathy said...

That us indeed good news Nadine.Pretty soon he will be chasing you around the room. LOL Kathy

Sarah Jane said...

That is such good news. I do hope you continue to see a steady improvement.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

vintagefindings@me.com said...

Broken threads are being mended!

Purple Pam said...

So glad to read of Dale's improvement. I am sure your family is very happy as well. Tell Dale to keep up the good work.