Sunday, January 17, 2010

American Quilts In The Modern Age

Every year in December, my husband and son always want a Christmas list and I often fill it in with my new book choices. A couple of years ago my husband bought every book on the list. I felt I was receiving my own library! This year, my list was shorter, but I still received them all! But the difference is that I have decided I am so fortunate to have a husband who knows my love of reading and wants me to have what I want. So in addition to the new Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Diana Gabaldon, American Quilts In The Modern Age, and Massachussets Quilts. Last September, during the time I was teaching at Baltimore on the Prairie in Omaha, Nebraska, I had the opportunity to tour The International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln. I saw some of the quilts in the collection there, including a wonderful Baltimore Album, up close and personal. The work being done at the center is important to the world of quilts and this book is ground breaking. Even if you simply want to look at the pictures, it is worth looking into. I hope you will share your favorite books with me, Nadine

1 comment:

vintagefindings@me.com said...

LOVE the cover of that book! So graphic. My fav books of late? Gee, I don't know where to begin. I just got Elizabeth Kostova's newest SWAN THEIVES. I very much enjoyed her last one THE HISTORIAN.

We are drowning in rain here. At least we have temps above yours :-)

Karen