Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Aunty Green January 2012

I know it has been a long time but hope you like what you see so far. Don't forget I have to draft the patterns myself as we only received one corner of the medallion, the lower right. It is not easy for me to draw so I have to agonize for sometime before I get it right. In any case I was able to work things out and so here it is. I love working on this but have little time during the day and am often too tired in the evening.
I continue to rely on my fabrics for inspiration in this special class. I hope you have seen the original quilt. Full of flowers in every shape and size. I hope to have more time to work on this project as winter sets in here in the Ozarks. There is a little snow in the forecast tonight and perhaps that will mean time to stitch after therapy, laundry, cooking, well enough to give you an idea.

I do notice that a great many of you are also quilters. How about an online quilt show. I would so love to see what you are doing. There is something about a quilter, don't you think? I do appreciate all of your kindness and concern for my family and hope you continue to drop by. I will be watching for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Aunty Green, but the drawing of the pattern is stopping me starting it.

I love applique and am looking forward to meeting you this year at Baltimore on the Prairie, I have booked in to your classes.
You can see what I am up to here: http://onceuponaquilt.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Ann said...

Your quilt is coming along very nicely - beautiful, looks like a painting! I am so happy that you have just a few moments to continue working on it. Hopefully 2012 will be a lot easier for you than 2011!

Kathy said...

Nadine, you are a true artist. I wish that I had inherited your talent. I wish I could be there helping you out. Love, Kathy

elizabeth said...

Your Aunty Green quilt is lovely. What a wonderful job you do of appliqué! I am hoping 2012 will bring you many "joys" and Blessings

Karen said...

The medallion is beautiful.

Purple Pam said...

Your quilt is coming along very nicely. Of course, your applique is impeccable. Hope 2012 brings you lots more "joy".

John said...

Having seen this one up close, I can say that the photos don't do it justice. The colors and craftmanship are spectacular. Every time I look at Nadine's work, I marvel at her skill, patience and imagination. Plus, she makes the best cherry pie in the history of cherry pies.