Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Lizzy


Well, I know this is not your birthday cake, but it does seem appropriate to show you this way. You are twelve today and while I can count most of your many talents, I will confine myself to these few. Pastry chef, artist, cheerleader, seamstress and so much more. One of the things I like the best about you sweet girl is the way you notice when a bunch of small children have trouble catching fire flies on a hot summer night. I watch you catching them and tucking them into the tiny hands so gently. I love the way you hold and play with your new baby niece. Lucy trusts you and that says a lot for your character. Uncle Dan thinks you walk on water. As for Papa and I, well our hearts were gone when we saw that first ultra-sound picture and we have never looked back. We are so proud of you darling girl. My gift to you this last year was to allow you to grow taller than me! Now stop! Sorry about the shoe thing. No more hand me downs from me. Happy Birthday. I wish you chocolate (Godiva of course ) sour gummies and lots of goldfish! Love always, Mimi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post mimi

Anonymous said...

That first comment is from LibbyLu...she is a woman of few words....hahahahaha! ~Kelly