Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Trip to Philadelphia


Just before Thanksgiving this year, I traveled to Philadelphia with my daughter, Kelly, She was attending an important writing conference with speakers such as Nicholas Sparks and Julie Andrews. While she spent her days in workshops, I spent mine walking through the historic district near the convention center and hotel. Our evenings found us getting caught up, not only on our days away from home, but on our lives at home. We cried a little and laughed a lot. We are friends as well as mother and daughter. We had a corner room at the Loews hotel on market street with an incredible view of the city. I hope to return to Philadelphia one day with more time to explore.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Philadelphia is a beautiful city...I'm glad you enjoyed it! I love to wander around in Olde City.